Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 11:56:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Andre Gironda <andre@sun4c.net>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>, Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP with firewall rules

> export/setenv http_proxy!

Huh?

> of course, you have to find all of the distfiles manually, since only
> about 4% of them have an http site to download the source from.

That's irrelevant.  You can still download *ALL* of them via
passive-mode ftp.  I have yet to find a site that didn't let me download
with ftp in passive mode, so if you are *truly* interested in security,
then you certainly don't want to open up so people can use active-mode
ftp from behind your firewall.

Nate