Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:50:09 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sten_Daniel_S=F8rsdal?= <sten.daniel.sorsdal@wan.no>
To:        "Michal Mertl" <mime@traveller.cz>, "The Jetman" <jetman3@netzero.net>
Cc:        FBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: [4.5-R]Problems Uploading via FTP, etc.

> >     For example, today I logged into the router and tried=20
> to upload a
> > couple of files to my ISP's Windows NT FTP server, using=20
> the stock FTP
> > client.  The initial file (a < 1K text file) was there in=20
> no time, however
> > the 2nd file (57KB) stalled after transferring the 1st 10KB=20
> of the file.
> > This behavior is reproducible, bec it happens every time w/ any file
> > that's approx > 10KB.  Below are the only network-related=20
> customizations

this smells of an oversized packet like problem, in my experience=20
those 10kb is just what the ftp program has told the OS to send
probably all it really has sent is one 1500bytes packet.

Ping -f -l 1472 <isps.nt.server>  (from a windows box)

If you get "Packet needs to fragmented" or no reply at all, that
might verify the problem.

// sten