Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul Lambert <eb30750@HotPOP.com>
To:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/39574: Error mounting /dev/acd0c on /dist: No such file for directory when Intalling 4.4

The following reply was made to PR i386/39574; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paul Lambert <eb30750@HotPOP.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: i386/39574: Error mounting /dev/acd0c on /dist: No such
  file for directory when Intalling 4.4
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:00:54 -0500

 Regarding this error, I have followed up with the reporter of over a year
 ago and he has moved on to some other solution since the error was never
 fixed.  I reported this same bug in June of 2003 and see no entry for it or
 my report added to his.  I sent in another report just last week, again no
 reply.  This bug has been around for many releases now and is causing
 others to seek alternative solutions.  Can't install from a CD?  Come on
 guys, even DOS could do that.

 The frustrating thing is that the CD boots, configures but once you confirm
 the install it gives the error that it can't mount /dev/acd0c on
 /dist.  Sounds like a kernel config problem to me.  Is there an online work
 around?  See my report to qa@.

 Thanks

 Paul