Date:      Tue, 05 Aug 1997 00:58:48 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        torstenb@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Major bogon in tcp_wrappers port.

Yes, I read the man pages for tcpd and for hosts_access(5) and pretty
much everything I could get my hands on, and no matter what I put in
for my /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files, it *always* allowed
the connection in.  After tearing out a little hair, it finally
occurred to me that maybe this had been "localized" as well and that
the files actually lived in /usr/local/etc.  Bingo.  That was it.

The bogon is that this information was never patched into the man
pages, so the new tcp_wrappers user is given completely bogus
information and sent to the wrong place.

As per proper ports etiquette, I'm sending this to the maintainer but
will also be happy to fix this myself if Torsten is unable to do so
for some reason.  I was actually pretty shocked that this has been
misdocumented for so long. :-)

					Jordan