Date:      Tue, 26 Dec 1995 17:09:51 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jacobson@nevada.edu
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix+pcclone+Xwindows? (fwd)

As Pedro A M Vazquez wrote:

> Hello Hackers:
> 	I got this one in comp.unix.questions and sent him a little
> note about www.freebsd.org.
> 	Anyone would like to contribute make him a new user :-)

> > My regular programs from DOS and Windows won't work with it yet, though?
> > I was hoping that all of my games and wordprocessors, etc. could still be
> > used.  (of course)

Sorry, by now, only a limited subset of DOS programs (most text-based
programs) would work under FreeBSD.

> > 	Also, do you know whether I boot my computer as normal, but have
> > a seperate configuration for FreeBSD so that if my programs don't work, I
> > can still have DOS and Windows, or do I have to run strictly FreeBSD when
> > I install it?  i.e., can I run them either at the same time (DOS &
> > FreeBSD) or one under the other?

You can select between both systems at boot-time.  The default
installation offers you to install a so-called boot manager that
allows you to select the operating system of your choice.

--
cheers, J"org