Date:      Tue, 04 Oct 2011 23:44:57 +0400
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
Subject:   Re: FYI: BerliOS will be closed on 31.12.2011

Dmitry Marakasov wrote on 01.10.2011 14:37:
> * Ruslan Mahmatkhanov (cvs-src@yandex.ru) wrote:
>
>> """
>> [...]
>> Unfortunately, as a research institute Fraunhofer FOKUS has only few
>> opportunities to operate a repository like BerliOS. Such a project will
>> only work with a follow-up financing, or with sponsors or partners
>> taking over the repository. In the field of OSS this is a difficult
>> undertaking. In a recent survey the community indicated some support in
>> funds and manpower which we would like to thank you for. Unfortunately,
>> the result is not enough to put the project on a sustainable financial
>> basis. In addition the search for sponsors or partners was not successful.
>>
>> Open Source is understood by Fraunhofer FOKUS as a paradigm for
>> future-oriented intelligent use of IT. It hurts us all the more that we
>> are forced to discontinue the hosting for BerliOS by 31.12.2011.
>> [...]
>> """
>
> I've mirrored (seemingly) all the distfiles we fetch from berlios here:
>
> http://mirror.amdmi3.ru/berlios/
>
> so by the moment of cutoff MASTER_SITE_BERLIOS may just be changed to
>
> http://mirror.amdmi3.ru/berlios/download.berlios.de/%SUBDIR%/
> and some individual ports' Makefiles (namely slim-themes and ngircd)
> tweaked.
>
> That's only 217M, so there's no much problem.

Thanks a lot, Dmitry. Are you planning to keep this distfiles mirror
up-to-date till the 01.01.2012? I'd also suggest maintainers of the
ports, that hosts their files on berlios, to ping upstream maintainers
to warn them about it and make them move to another project hosting.

--
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.