Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:24:41 -0800
From:      Erick Mechler <emechler@techometer.net>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, stable list <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Updated to today's -stable and can no longer connect to the XFree86 server

:: > XFree86 does not listen on TCP ports by default.  You have to enable
:: > it if you want this behaviour (see man startx or man xdm).
::
:: Well then I am confused. I didn't change XFree86. I only updated the
:: system. Why would I suddenly see this new behavior?

For example, if you have xdm starting out of /etc/ttys and you blindly
update everything mergemaster tells you to, you might overwrite some of
your custom configs.

Cheers - Erick