Date:      Sat, 11 Feb 2012 11:55:37 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        jake@mischler.com
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No WiFi on Acer Aspire One 751h

Wow, ok. Erm, I wonder how many external antennas are configured.

Can you please compile up athstats (/usr/src/tools/tools/ath/athstats)
and make sure your kernel has the following options:

options ATH_DEBUG
options AH_DEBUG
options ATH_DIAGAPI

Then run scan for a while and use athstats to see what (if any) is
being received.

Something tells me it's a weird antenna or RX gain issue. You should
be _seeing_ something, even if you aren't able to TX probe request
frames correctly.

Also, you could fiddle with diversity/RX antenna settings:

sysctl dev.ath.0.diversity=0 # or 1 to re-enable diversity
sysctl dev.ath.0.rxantenna=0 # or 1 or 2 to hard-code antenna selection
sysctl dev.ath.0.txantenna=0 # or 1 or 2 to hard-code antenna selection

I've seen weird behaviour before where only one antenna was connected.

Adrian