Date:      Tue, 06 May 1997 08:54:54 +0200
From:      "DI. Christian Gusenbauer" <Christian.Gusenbauer@utimaco.co.at>
To:        FreeBsd Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Panics

Hi!

I'm getting panics, too. When running X and working with xxgdb 1.12 for
a while
I only have to quit this debugging session then wait for some seconds
and then
my machine reboots. One time, I managed to get a panic message about a
page
fault but there was no core dump of the kernel on the machine after
rebooting :-(
(yes, I enabled the dump-options in the kernel-config, but I don't get a
dump).

But note, if I start the debugger and do only a few steps, then quit
then no reboot
will occur. I built my kernel last friday with up-to-date CTM deltas.

Also, I managed to get panics when I try to press ctrl-c many times and
that very fast
when a program (like 'ls -lR /') is running in an xterm, but I can't
reliably reproduce
this.

>   Well, yes, it is FreeBSD's fault for panicing...but that doesn't help us
> solve the problem. If you could attempt to isolate what "mutt" is doing just
> prior to the panic, this would help us diagnose the problem.

> - -DG

Christian.

--
Christian Gusenbauer                              UTIMACO Safe Concept
Christian.Gusenbauer@utimaco.co.at                A-4020 Linz, AUSTRIA