Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:19:55 -0500
From:      "RAD2921 - RADIGAN, TIMOTHY               " <RAD2921@cup.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Using CVSup to update source tree

Hi everyone,

I had recently run into some problems using CVSup to go from 4.2-Stable
to 4.5-Stable.  The buildworld kept failing at numerous points.  I was
wondering if it would just be best to go from 4.2-Stable to 4.3-Stable
then to 4.4-Stable and finally to 4.5-Stable.  I was running into
problems with libbfd during the buildworld.  I'm not at the box right
now and I just reinstalled 4.2-Stable from the CD set I have so I can't
quote the error messages that I was getting.  I was just wondering if
anyone had run into similar problems when using CVSup to go from
4.2-Stable to 4.5-Stable.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me
know.

Tim