Date:      Fri, 02 Apr 1999 12:33:42 +0200
From:      Joachim Jaeckel <Joachim.Jaeckel@d.kamp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Oracle on FreeBSD

Hello,

I know, that this questions isnīt directly related to FreeBSD, but it
has something to do with it in a way, so that I hope, you would be so
kindfull to answer my question (if you can...).

I tried to install oracle on my FreeBSD 3.1 machine, following the
steps, which are described by mhmoolen. After I finished the
installation I wasnīt able to start the listener. I got the following
message:
bash$ lsnrctl start listener

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on 02-APR-99 12:20:31

(c) Copyright 1997 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Starting /opt/oracle/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
System parameter file is /opt/oracle/network/admin/listener.ora
Log messages written to /opt/oracle/network/log/listener.log
Attempted to listen on:
(DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_TIMEOUT=10)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=sid0)))
TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
 TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
  TNS-00511: No listener
   Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory

it told me: no listener

Could you give me a tip, what Iīve done wrong or what Iīve forgotten?

(many) thanks in advance,
--
Joachim.Jaeckel@d.kamp.net -- http://home.kamp.net/home/joachim.jaeckel