Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:12:39 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: procfs

Jonathan A. Zdziarski writes:

> With the recent security issues behind the procfs, and why it's even there
> has anybody considered a proc daemon that maintained a table of process
> information, queryable by commands from memory, rather than a pseudo-disk
> based sortuh thing?

	As someone else said, it's a UNIX thing.  Just like /dev/*, and
	hopefully one day portal_fs.

	Also, having a daemon like thing serving requests gives me a creepy
	feeling of Microsoftitis (then again, that's also a UNIX thing :-)

--
                                                              -- Phil

-[ Philippe Regnauld  /  Systems Administrator  /  regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk ]-
-[ Location.: +55.4N +11.3E        PGP Key: finger regnauld@hotel.prosa.dk ]-