Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:59:20 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Oben O. Candemir" <dunya@one.net.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD IRC channels and ??quality??

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Now go going #linux and hang out there for the same period of time.
>
> You'll quickly learned what even some of the most basic bacteria have
> learned by now - IRC is not a tool for tech support, it is a general

and

> This is also not a FreeBSD vs Linux phenomenon, as just 5 minutes in
> EFNET's #linux or #linuxos channels will quickly show you.

You've quite obviously missed the point... you probably haven't used Linux
to any great degree (maybe proudly); but the IRC avenue for help is highly
developed on the specific linux IRC servers. I realise that #linux is just
as bad on EFNET but try the linpeople.org servers and you will see what I
was trying to get across. IRC is a highly responsive form of peer help and
the Linux guys have taken up the challenge and are providing excellent
support to Linux users through this medium. Something the FreeBSD camp
could 'emulate' as they do so well :)

Oben Candemir