Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:23:23 +0200
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        David Cuthbert <dacut@kanga.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why is not more FreeBSD software written in C++?

David Cuthbert <dacut@kanga.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav <des@des.no> writes:
> > Don Dugger <dugger@hotlz.com> writes:
> > > C++ and C are languages that are defined by ANSI
> > No they're not.  It may surprise you to learn that there is a whole
> > world outside the USA which does not care one whit about ANSI.
> This would be news to those involved in the standardization process,
> who went through great pains to ensure that ISO C90 was the same as
> ANSI C89, ANSI C++98 was the same as ISO C++98, and ANSI C2000 was
> the same as ISO C99...

Whatever you may think, C and C++ are not defined by ANSI.  They're
defined by ISO's JTC1/SC22, working groups 14 and 21, respectively.
While it is very nice of ANSI to adopt the result of that work as
national standards for the US, it is largely irrelevant for the
remaining 6 billion people on the planet.

And please get a proper MUA, so I don't have to fix your quoting when
replying.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no