Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:14:33 -0700 (PWT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DDS-2/DDS-3 drives

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Monday, 12 April 1999 at 13:28:54 -0700, David Wolfskill wrote:
>
> IIUC, amanda doesn't handle EOM correctly, which makes it less than
> excellent.

Really?

The big argument that has kept me from changing the absolutely bogus and
stupid FreeBSD EOM behaviour was to not break tape packages like amanda.

If it's broken anyway, there's no reason not to (and *this* would solve
the damned conundrum about QIC drives I've been on and off wrestling with
for some weeks- then *all* drives would have QIC filemark at EOM
behaviour- except for the (almost unobtainable) HP, Kennedy or M4 1/2"
Reel drives....).

I mean, if it's only a couple in tree utilities like tcopy I have to fix,
that's a no brainer...

-matt