Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 15:57:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Nash <alex@fa.tdktca.com>
To:        val@inquo.net
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: embarassing cyclades question

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996 val@inquo.net wrote:

> 	i bought a cyclades 16Ye board for my ISP, and i recompiled the kernel
> and rebooted.  got the message:
>
> cy0 irq 11 maddr 0xd4000 msize 8192 on isa
>
> so i assume it's working fine.  Next thing i did was look in MAKEDEV for
> cyclades device entries.  i also looked in the man page.  I must have missed
> something becasue i have no idea what major numbers to use or what naming
> conventions to call the devices :(
>
> Btw, i'm running the 2.2-SNAP from May (soon to be upgraded ot the june
> version)
>
> Can someone help me even thought i seem to be blind?

The major device number is 48, but really you should just stick with
using the MAKEDEV script.  The devices you want to make are cuac* and
ttyc*.  You can do this with:

  #!/bin/sh
  cd /dev
  for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15;do
    ./MAKEDEV cuac$i ttyc$i
  done

cuac devices are for callout, ttyc for dialup.

Alex