Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:30:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "J. C." <sell120@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Step by step securing web server/ A/V live streaming

I am a newbie and wanted to know if FreeBSD is the
most secure OS?  I want to use it as a web server and
nothing else.  Is there a step by step method of
locking the OS down.  Any books or links?

If I am doing Microsoft Media video/audio streaming
640x480 300kbps streams what kind of computer can I
use? There will be about 2000+ users connecting to our
website where they can watch the stream that will be
embeded in the webpage.

In the above case does the streaming server have to be
big or the web server or both?  If someone could give
me specs on what kind of cpu to use for both it would
be most appreciated.

Thank you
John