Date:      Tue, 04 Dec 2001 07:54:46 -0600
From:      Steve Hocking <shocking@hstn.tensor.pgs.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   YPBIND fouling up portmapper under stable?

I updated my stable sources on Sunday and noticed that neither my NIS server
(FreeBSD) or my FreeBSD NIS clients can run ypbind without causing portmap to
wedge up. After ypbind is run, doing a rpcinfo -p on the local machine hangs,
and any other attempt to register services with the portmapper fails.

On the other hand, Linux NIS clients continue to be able to ypbind to the
server with problems. Frustrating.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California