Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 15:34:28 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hardware list

Steve Passe writes:
>Hi,
>
>> >Comments:
>>
>> This board is pretty old, but seems ok.  The post lite2 works the
>> best I've seen on it.
>
>I'm not sure of exact numbers, since it varies on a loaded system, but it
>seems like the latest src with the vm changes has shaved 6-7 seconds
>off my kernel compile times.

Yea, I've never gotten any numbers that are too pure, it seems I usually
start another compile, or fire up netcrap, or somthing to blow the test
all to hell ;-).

The only problems I'm seeing seem vfork() related, and it (mis)behaves
the same with the MP kernel as with the UP kernel, if that's any
consolation ;-)

>--
>Steve Passe	| powered by
>smp@csn.net	|            Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD