Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 2020 10:24:00 -0300
From:      Cassiano Peixoto <peixotocassiano@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Zpool doesn't boot anymore after FreeBSD 12.1

Hi there,

I have a FreeBSD 12.1-STABLE running on VMWARE with one disk. Then I
added two more disks to expand my pool. BTW I already did it many time
with no issues.

I ran:

# zpool status
  pool: zroot
 state: ONLINE
status: Some supported features are not enabled on the pool. The pool can
	still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Enable all features using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done,
	the pool may no longer be accessible by software that does not support
	the features. See zpool-features(7) for details.
  scan: none requested
config:

	NAME         STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	zroot        ONLINE       0     0     0
	  gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

# zpool add -f zroot da1
# zpool add -f zroot da2
# zpool status
  pool: zroot
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

	NAME         STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	zroot        ONLINE       0     0     0
	  gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	  da1        ONLINE       0     0     0
	  da2        ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
# reboot

Then my system doesn=E2=80=99t boot anymore, i got the following error:

gptzfsboot: error 4 lba 2038346899
gptzfsboot: error 4 lba 1361327267
/boot/config: -Dh

BTX loader 1.00  BTX version is 1.02
Consoles: internal video/keyboard serial port
BIOS drive A: is fd0
BIOS drive C: is disk0
BIOS drive D: is disk1
BIOS drive E: is disk2
BIOS drive F: is disk3
BIOS drive G: is disk4
BIOS drive H: is disk5
ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
ZFS: failed to read pool zroot directory object
BIOS 638kB/3143616kB available memory

FreeBSD/x86 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.1
ERROR: cannot open /boot/lua/loader.lua: invalid argument.

Type '?' for list of commands, 'help' for more datailed help.
OK

I can import my pool with no problems using the lived, but I could not fix =
it.

Seems a bug after 12.1-STABLE. Please, anyone can take a look ok that?

Thanks.