Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:45:29 -0700
From:      Curtis Vaughan <cav@mail.dux.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   using cvsup

I'm a little confused about using cvsup.  I'm referring to 2 resources
(The Complete FreeBSD - 4th edition, and www,freebsd.org manual for
cvsup).  BTW, I currently have FreeBSD 4.8 installed.

Ok, so, I know I need to edit a supfile and I have found all the
examples. But it seems to me that it is advisable to put my own edited
supfile in a particular directory.  What is the best or more common
practice?
Maybe in the base directory: i.e.,  /usr/local/etc/cvsup/ ?

Note that I will not be using the gui.  I have not installed X windows
(XFree86) as this is to be a server and I no intention of using any gui
interface.