Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2021 14:28:30 +0200
From:      Crest <crest@rlwinm.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to start contributing

On 21.04.21 12:50, MANAV KUMAR wrote:
> Hello All,
> I’m final year cse undergrad, looking to work in core OS technologies.
Glad to hear you're interested in hacking on FreeBSD.
> Can somebody please give me a quick start about ongoing freebsd projects.
Someone already collected a list of low hanging fruits in FreeBSD that
could be improved:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/Networking#Low_hanging_userland_fruit
> And I have shortage of space and computation power, is there any alternative to generate the build without me purchasing new machine.
How low are we talking about. The FreeBSD build system can help speed up
incremental builds enormously with the make meta mode (see man
src-env.conf). Even my old dual core Thinkpad X220 can build FreeBSD
(world and kernel) in <10 minutes with meta mode enabled unless a lot
has changed.