Date:      Fri, 1 May 1998 22:29:19 -0400
From:      original man  <ikhala@osibisa.cl.msu.edu>
To:        chrismar@peanut.readington.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partitions

Hello ...

> I'm looking for suggestions how how to partition a 2.0GB HD nicely. I want
> partitions for / ; /usr ; /home ; /tmp ; /var and I will be using 128M for
> the swap.  Any suggestions as to what can be useful.

How much ram have ya?  Depending on the amount of ram, how you configure your kernel and the plan usage
of your box these sizes (especially the swap) will vary.  Anyway here's one suggestion:

/    ->   32MB
swap ->  128MB
/var ->   32MB
/usr -> the remaining.
link /home to /usr/home using
ln -s /usr/home /home

Just one suggestion based on the info given.  YMMV ... =:-)

> Chris
>
> --
>
> Chris Martino
> chrismar@readington.com