Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:04:15 +0200
From:      Ulrich 'Q' Spoerlein <q@uni.de>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        <openoffice@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: openoffice port

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:10:37 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:

>>>now i just tried a 'make' and out of nowhere the port suddenly depends on devel/stlport. i checked
>>>the Makefile, and found the following lines:
>>>.if ${OSVERSION} < 500000 && !defined(USE_GCC)
>>>BUILD_DEPENDS=  ${LOCALBASE}/lib/libstlport_gcc.so:${PORTSDIR}/devel/stlport
>>>.endif
>
>The problem here is that if you use USE_GCC=XX, you need the same gcc like
>stlport was built with (c++ linking).

but if i defined the USE_GCC setting, stlport WAS NOT INSTALLED (because
it was not dependent). i'm running 4.6-RELEASE now, so OSVERSION<50000 is
true. on the first run, i _did_ define USE_GCC, so !defined(USE_GCC) was
false, and the dependancy was not installed.

so when exactly does OO depend on stlport?

>So depending on the stlport port is normal if you don't use USE_GCC.

but i can USE_GCC=2.95 or USE_GCC=3.1
the logic is broken...

>> does not exist. i just did a 'mkdir
>> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice/work/oo_1.0_src/solenv/unxfbsd/bin/makedepend'
>> and it finally starts building...
>Thats strange. I never had this problem.

..and i don't know what's causing this....

>> although building with USE_GCC=2.95 bombed after some minutes,
>> complaining about some syntax errors in the STL files building with
>> USE_GCC=3.1 is running for almost 4hours now.
>
>Stock gcc 2.95 works fine on STABLE now.

i'm still compiling with gcc 3.1 now. will it run, although all dependend
ports were compiled with gcc 2.95 (except stlport).

if it compiles successfully, i will recompile stlport with 2.95 and try
OO with gcc 2.95.

wish me luck :)
--
>ich wollte mal wissen, was professionelle Web-Designer und, oder
>Webmaster so verdienen.
Zehn Jahre in Ketten, bei Wasser, Brot, und dem WWW Line Mode Browser
auf einem DECwriter II.    (Ronny Hendrichs und Christian Weisgerber)