Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2012 09:30:41 +0200
From:      Lukasz Wojcik <lukasz.wojcik@zoho.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, Kate F <kate@elide.org>
Subject:   Re: PHYSMEM_SIZE and a hang on boot for kirkwood

On 06/24/12 09:16, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> ... is there anything that needs to be added to the kernel source tree
> (eg a reference to this particular board type) so anyone who wishes to
> build freebsd for it won't have the same problem?
>

> Adrian

Well, since (at least) '/memory' node must have been updated, it
probably needs 	a separate *.dts file. If there aren't that many
changes, it seems like a wasteful approach, because the version of DTC
in a tree does not support inclusion of one *.dts into the other (this
way we could create one 'core' dts, with parts common for all
db88f6xxx's and few smaller dtses for variants differing e.g. with
amount of memory).
However, I think Semihalf is either getting ready to, or already did
pushed their QorIQ (ppc) changes into the tree, and they could contain
the patch to change it. I recommend contacting them regarding this issue.

Lukasz Wojcik,
(zbr@semihalf is no longer valid).