Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 1995 09:48:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Leo Bicknell <bicknell@cslab.cs.vt.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mirror

	Hello.  My name is Leo Bicknell, and I work for the
Virginia Tech Comptuer Science department.  This fall our
Freshman will be using PC Compatables with FreeBSD on them.
As a result, we want to run a local FreeBSD mirror, as many
of them (and us) will be wanting the source.

	We already have a mirror setup via "mirror", but that
program is not very efficient.  We would rather use sup.  I
looked in the sup FAQ, but couldn't find a distribution that
mirrored _all_ of FreeBSD.  Is there a way to mirror all
of ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD via sup?

	Incidentally, once we get all the kinks worked out
we will be a public FreeBSD mirror.