Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:49:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   downgrading a port?

What is the recommended procedure for down grading a port?

I submitted an upgrade of lesstif from 0.88.1 to 0.88.9.
Chris Piazza(sp?) asked if I would be willing to maintain
this port, and I have agreed.  However, about further
testing it appears that 0.88.1 is more stable than 0.88.9.

Is it permissible to include a comment in the Makefile
to state that "0.88.1 appears more stable than 0.88.9, so
an upgrade to 0.88.9 will not be done"?

--
Steve