Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:16:29 -0600
From:      Shawn Leas <sleas@ixion.honeywell.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, yokota@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GGI

On Sun, Mar 07, 1999 at 09:03:57PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> > A friend just picked himself up a Voodoo2 card that Linux now supports and
> > keeps cramming down the "FreeBSD doesn't support 3D accelleration" line
> > down my throat :(  My card is *supposedly* faster then what he has, from
> > comparing specs...be great if I can slam it back down his throat :)
>
> Since the voodoo2 is a 3d card, and X is exclusively 2d, I can't quite
> see how "supporting" this card actually achieves anything.
>
> If he's talking about GLIDE, you might mention that we support the
> Linux GLIDE library...

Jon Taylor, the Creative guy who works on GGI and KGI drivers,
is also coding libggi3d, a modular 3d library that is SOOO COOL
sounding. Anyone interested in learning more, please let me know,
I'll get you some email addresses, and you can start talking to
the movers and shakers.

3d in free unix will be MUCH more than glide...

-- Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
   Day 2238 for the poor and the middle class.
   Day 2257 for the rich and the dead.
   684 days remaining in the Raw Deal.