Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:25:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andy Dills <andy@xecu.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NFS Question

Please cc me in the reply, as I am not subscribed to this list. I have,
however, searched this list (among others) for answers to my question, to
no avail.

I'm exporting a share from Solaris 2.7 box, to a FreeBSD 4.4 box.

At first, I was using the machine name, trying to do it correctly. Having
little success, I switched the export to everybody. As a result, any sun
box I have which tries to mount the share succeeds with no problems.
However, NO freebsd boxes that I have can mount the share.

They all error out with NFSPROC_NULL: RPC: Timed out.

`showmount -e server` from the freebsd box shows:

thunder# showmount -e server
/share                          Everyone

`rpcinfo -p server` from the freebsd box show:

thunder# rpcinfo -p server
   program vers proto   port
    100000    4   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    3   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    4   udp    111  portmapper
    100000    3   udp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100024    1   udp  32776  status
    100024    1   tcp  32771  status
    100133    1   udp  32776
    100133    1   tcp  32771
    100021    1   udp   4045  nlockmgr
    100021    2   udp   4045  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp   4045  nlockmgr
    100021    4   udp   4045  nlockmgr
    100005    1   udp  32825  mountd
    100005    2   udp  32825  mountd
    100005    3   udp  32825  mountd
    100005    1   tcp  32772  mountd
    100005    2   tcp  32772  mountd
    100005    3   tcp  32772  mountd
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100227    2   udp   2049  nfs_acl
    100227    3   udp   2049  nfs_acl

`rpcinfo -t server mountd` shows:

thunder# rpcinfo -t server mountd
program 100005 version 1 ready and waiting
program 100005 version 2 ready and waiting
program 100005 version 3 ready and waiting

Also:

thunder# rpcinfo -u server nfs
program 100003 version 2 ready and waiting
program 100003 version 3 ready and waiting

thunder# rpcinfo -u server nfs_acl
program 100227 version 2 ready and waiting
program 100227 version 3 ready and waiting

thunder# rpcinfo -u server nlockmgr
program 100021 version 1 ready and waiting
program 100021 version 2 ready and waiting
program 100021 version 3 ready and waiting
program 100021 version 4 ready and waiting

I don't understand what I'm missing. Can anybody supply what is probably
some obvious advice?

Thanks,
Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access