Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:55:48 -0700
From:      paul beard <pdb2@u.washington.edu>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more info on thinkpad audio

M. Warner Losh wrote:

> On many laptops, you are SOL.  You only have 1 interrupt line.
>
> However, maybe, just maybe FreeBSD is being a ittle stupid in
> assigning interrupts.  Check out http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/pir.c
> to see if these devices can have different interrupts assigned.
>
> There's nothing you can do about an0 and pcic0/1 having the same
> interrupt.

Actually, this did get resolved with help from the list: IBM
provides a DOS utility that allows you to muck with stuff like
this. I gave pciirq a choice of 4 IRQs and lo, the sound chip and
the network card are now on their own.

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>;

Intolerance is the last defense of the insecure.