Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 1995 17:00:28 -0600
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Subject:   Re:  GUS (not you, ache;-)

>  I'm seeking deperately two or three pieces of the Gravis Ultrasound
>  equipment since it's supposed to work (full duplex) with
>  FreeBSD and the sd/wb/vat software (as of Amancio Hasty (jr.)).

I just (this week) bought a GUS card for the same reason.

I just got the card so I am starting the install process. As I understand it,
the distributed code does not contain the bi-directional I got some more
chunks from Paul Traina (pst@cisco.com) but don't think I have all the peices
(there is unresolved refernces to GUS_DMA_READ). I am only a couple half-time
hours into working of this code.

I would suggest you get the software before chasing down the GUS (can always
call the company for a European distributer -- or someone closer could call).
the card is cheap $129 US dollars.

Looking at the poor instructions that come with the card, I may need to call
the company for more docs to even configure it. It has 4 jumper blocks and
the instructions tell you how to set one block.

it appears that GUS is the only card that is supported with vat. with the
vat changes I got with GUS changes, I can even use the soundblaster to
listen to AU files anymore.

--mark.