Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2019 09:55:35 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Increasing shutdown timeout

--vGgW1X5XWziG23Ko

Andrea Venturoli wrote:
>=20
> I'm having some problems on different servers with shutdown timeout.
>=20
> For the curious, it ranges from bhyve VMs failing to stop (and keeping=20
> running as zombie, preventing real shutdown after init died), to NUT=20
> shutdown script not having the chance to run (so the UPS power won't get=
=20
> killed and the servers won't come up again unless all batteries are=20
> fully drained before the power comes back).

I've had a lot of trouble with VMs not shutting down properly after
apcupsd ininitates a shutdown. I had to place an additional script:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/logger -p daemon.warn UPS stopping all VMs
/usr/local/sbin/vm stopall
/usr/bin/logger -p daemon.warn VMs stopped

as "/usr/local/etc/apcupsd/doshutdown".=20

You have NUT not apcupsd, but you may find my workaround useful.

--=20
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

--vGgW1X5XWziG23Ko