Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 05:44:57 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no, Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com
Cc:        wes@softweyr.com, toasty@HOME.DRAGONDATA.COM, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KKIS.05051999.003b

On May 9,  1:17pm, sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:
} > I don't see any obvious descriptor leaks, but the fact that FreeBSD < 3.1
} > panics (probably in unp_gc(), which Matt fixed) indicates that I'm missing
} > something.
}
} A 2.2.8 system I have here panics in sorflush (called from unp_gc()):

This is the bug that Matt Dillon fixed just before 3.1-RELEASE, sorflush()
is only supposed to be used on descriptors associated with sockets.  This
exploit code causes sorflush() to be called on a descriptor for an open
file.