Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:01:36 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "Robert E. Lee" <rel@gulbransen.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG, admins@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ORBS

In message <4.3.2.7.2.20010715175024.00d42d10@localhost>, Brett Glass
writes:
> At 05:46 PM 7/15/2001, Robert E. Lee wrote:
>
> >Has anyone here successfully used the servers from www.orbz.org?
>
> I'm still waiting to learn more about orbz.org, orbl.org, ordb.org,
> etc. before I trust any of them. I have heard (anecdotally) that
> at least one of the blocks localhost... not good.

To be sure, blocking localhost is bad, however this is not the end of
the world.  All you need to do is design your sendmail.cf,
smtpd_check_rules, or whatever product you use to allow all mail from
localhost before checking any other rules.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC