Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>, Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Official way to detect CAM?

Actually the slightly dated port of amanda24 in the ports collection
compiles and runs just fine on 3.0-current ELF, but I have the changer
functions stubbed out.

Please be sure to submit your changes back to the amanda team, and let me
know, too - I'll update the port some more.

I think the first test for cam should be to look for camlib.h; after that,
if you find it - then use camcontrol.  We want to make sure that amanda
compiles and runs on 2.2.x which may or may not have CAM...

regards,
-Chris