Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 1995 17:27:16 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        paul@netcraft.co.uk
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami), p.richards@elsevier.co.uk, andreas@knobel.gun.de, graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pcnfsd..

> Ahh, OK. Then Jordan's last suggestion seems to be the ticket then.

And I've just committed the changes.

As noted in my commit message, one unfortunate thing is that the pcnfsd
package will still need to modify /etc/sysconfig.  Back when we had pcnfsd
in /etc/sysconfig, it was conditionalized off of in netstart so that we'd
know when to start mountd with the `-n' flag (see man page).  Now that
the pcnfsd variable is gone, I've had to create another variable in
its place:  ``weak_mountd_authentication''

If you read the man page for mountd, you'll see that this is something
we don't want to enable all the time.  Sigh.  I hate special cases.
At least apache and gated are out, though again, you'll need to go set
routedflags to NO if you ever install the gated package as a
replacement for routed!

					Jordan