Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:15:21 +0000
From:      "Alex Dyas" <alexdyas@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TCP zero-sized window bug fixed in 4.5?

hi all,

I've been having problems telnetting across a firewall with FreeBSD.  The
problem manifests itself as a ~8 second delay during a telnet session across
the firewall to another box.  TCPDumps have shown that it may have something
to do with zero sized TCP windows.  I was thus happy to read the following
in the 4.5 release notes:

"A bug in the TCP implementation, which could cause connections to stall if
a sender saw a zero-sized window, has been corrected."

This sounded spot on.  However, having installed 4.5 the problem still seems
to be there.

My question is does anyone know more about this bug, or where I could find
more information on it?  I'm wondering if it was actually fixed, or if I
need to change my config in any way to take advantage of the fix.

Thanks,

alex...

"Mr. Watson. Come here. I need you."