Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:52:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      FreeBSD Bob <fbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
To:        hacked666@yahoo.com (don't haveone)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What?

> OK, I'll try again. What I'm looking for is an OS that
> can be used like Win 98.2, but is more stable and less
> likely to crash, or freeze. I would also like to be
> able to use it as a Web server if I want to where I
> could serve up my own Web site. Also, I have the 2
> floppies to install FreeBSD, and have tried to
> download it, but I have a somewhat unreliable
> connection and was wondering how I would download FBSD
> from the ftp site. Thanks again.
> Ronald

If you have a remote install and a poor line, I might suggest
that you do a CD install, if possible, or, if you have a dos
box handy that can download, do a floppy install.  It will
take around 25 floppies, for a bin/manpages/doc install,
but it is doable, and it works fine for remote installs.
After that, you can ftp to fill out the machine.

Email me privately for details, since most of it is in the
install guide, if memory serves me correctly today.

If you have a poor line, webserving will not be fun.

Bob