Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:47:08 -0900
From:      Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD or OpenBSD

I've been a FreeBSD user for a while now and I love it. I'm running 4.10
and plan on upgrading soon. I'm also an OpenBSD user but I tend to use
it for firewalls and routers. I setup Apache and Subversion on OpenBSD
3.6 last week. This is the first time I have ever done anything other
then a firewall on OpenBSD.

I'm thinking about using OpenBSD on more servers. Before I do that I
would like to know what people on the list think.

Why I want to switch to OpenBSD.
1. OpenBSD has good security
2. Stable
3. Firewall and routing support is built in

Why I use FreeBSD
1. Stable
2. Ports tree has a lot of software
3. I can upgrade to new versions

Should I make the switch from FreeBSD to OpenBSD for my servers?
--
Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>