Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:17:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   edit /usr/src/contrib/ipfiler requires full recompile.

I recently tracked down the fact that our office uses up to 140000
states and then tracked down where to edit this in ipfilter
(/usr/src/contrib/ipfilter/ip_state.h).  This was somewhat obtuse, but
that is more the product of the ipfilter project documentation than
anything FreeBSD has done.

This basically involved editing several constants ... and all is happy
now.

However, I found that editing this file didn't trigger it to be
recompiled by the kernel make process.  I have two suggestions:

1) make something dependant on these file somehow.

2) make a knob in LINT for IPSTATE_SIZE and IPSTATE_MAX

Dave.