Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:30:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Russell D. Murphy" <rdmurphy@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rdmurphy@vt.edu
Subject:   xdm setup: PCs as X-terminals

(I apologize that this isn't a FreeBSD-specific question, but
   a] it seems like an `easy' problem to solve
   b] the XFree86 folks haven't responded )

I'm trying to set up an old 486 as an X-terminal.  I have it
running FreeBSD (2.2.7) and XFree86 (3.3.2.3) and am trying to set up
xdm so that the 486 shows a chooser.

Can anyone give me some pointers on what to set up in the xdm files
on the 486 and in the xdm files on the main machine (also running
FreeBSD 2.2.7 and XFree86 3.3.2).

Thanks for any help you can give.

Russ Murphy