Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:25:16 -0600
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <brandon@dvalentine.com>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
Cc:        des@ofug.org, fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone working on fsck?

[ Cc: trimmed. ]

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:08:52AM +0100, Miguel Mendez wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:59:14 +0100 Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> > Let's rather work on getting a working log-structured filesystem
> > committed so we don't *need* fsck for filesystems that large.
>
> Rather than reinventing the wheel, how about porting NetBSD's LFS to
> FreeBSD? Granted it's not 100% reliable yet, but it's improving. I'd
> rather have that than wait for JFS4BSD to be ready. In fact, I'd
> volunteer to work with my (limited) knowledge.

While I do not have the time nor expertise to work on any such project
at this time I would *love* to see FreeBSD developers work with the
NetBSD folks toward reviving LFS.  I think there is a definite demand
for a BSD-licensed log-structured filesystem and the most logical place
to begin is with the extant example.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
brandon@dvalentine.com                                 http://www.geekpunk.net
Pseudo-Random Googlism:  nashville is considered to have a retail trade area