Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:15:10 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        davidc@lodge.guild.ab.ca
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: INET6 userland tools

> Very INET6 specific patches are already prepared and under the
> review.  getaddrinfo() and getaddrname() is not yet, but I'll
> also prepare them.
>
> And after those libraries are prepared, porting KAME tools
> onto current won't be difficult.

Getaddrinfo(), getaddrname(), etc support is commited,
and also several udp and raw socket apps are also committed.

 -gethostbyaddr(), gethostbyname(), etc support in libc/net
  (but DNS query over IPv6 transport is not yet)
 -several udp and raw socket apps
  ping6
  rtsol(host address autoconfiguration tool.
        Actually the source code is shared with 'rtsold'.
	Though it needs 'rtadvd' daemon on a router, 'rtadvd' for current
	is not yet.)
  rtsold(host address autoconfiguration daemon for Note PC,
         which frequently change its subnet)
  gifconfig(v6/v4, v6/v4, v4/v4, v6/v6 tunneling configuration)
  ifmcstat(print out v6 multicast addr configuration info)
  prefix(assigne address prefix, e.g. subnet addr,
         just like ifconfig for full addr.
         it also support host internal prefix renumbering)
  route6d
  rip6query

Anyone interested in them please try and enjoy.
(Note that you need to build kernel with INET6 option.)

If there is any problems, please let me know. Thanks,

Yoshinobu Inoue
KAME project