Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 1997 09:11:18 +0100
From:      Glenn Beach <gbeach@cybernet.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Internal clock

I have been searching for an answer to the following question.  Doug
White at questions@freebsd.org said that you may be able to help.  So
here it goes:

How can I make time measurements in increments smaller than the clock
tick?  Specifically, I am running BSD on a Pentium PC which has 128
clock ticks per second.  Is there any way to improve the resolution?

Thanks,

 Cybernet Systems --
            "Amplifying Human Performance through Advanced Technology"

 Glenn J. Beach                                Research Engineer
 Cybernet Systems                              gbeach@cybernet.com
 727 Airport Blvd.                             http://www.cybernet.com
 Ann Arbor, MI 48108                           PHONE (313) 668-2567
					       FAX   (313) 668-8780