Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 01:19:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        proot@horton.iaces.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, astrand@linum.cofc.edu (Allan Strand)
Subject:   Re: UMAX scanner and SCSI connectors

	http://www.mostang.com/sane/

>> The scanner arrived today and with it comes a no-name scsi card.  Has
>> anyone had any luck getting this card to work with FreeBSD?

I got a ScanMaker E3 which comes with an Adaptec 1505 , which works
(kind of) with FreeBSD but doesn't implement enough stuff to work with
my scanner (it panics if you try to scan).  I ended up getting a cheap
(US$50) PCI Buslogic so I don't care, but...

The other thing it might be is a cheap NCR card (not the 8xx cards,
the old ISA ones).

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/