Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 2003 01:59:06 +0200
From:      "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@sitetronics.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, bsdadvocacy@bsdadvocacy.org
Subject:   my bsdportal.org project

As I'm sure (at least) a few of you remember, I was talking a little bit
ago about starting up a site 'bsdportal.org'. Well, that site is
started, although I'm not completely done with it yet, it'd be nice to
get a small userbase going and a bit of discussion. I'd like to hear
your comments about it.

I'm using Xoops as the CMS. At the moment it's still probably bleedingly
obvious, but it's still a work in progress at this point; the layout
will be changing a bit as I add more things.

WRT the bsdevents.org and bsdadvocacy.org projects -- I've got links
pointing your way ;). I'd actually like to see what's possible getting
these "working together" in the sense that we can all contribute
information between each other. I would, for instance, like to be able
to put up some unique news relating to advocacy and/or events in the
(Free)BSD community.

To the bsdadvocacy list: are there sites I should be looking at (other
than the obvious openbsd.org and netbsd.org and daemonnews.org sites)
that contain information/news about the various BSD projects?

To everyone: what's the general thought about this? Totally unnecessary?
(too bad, I'm doing it anyway ;)) Layout comments?

Flames > /dev/null, of course.

--Devon