Date:      Thu, 1 May 2003 23:00:10 -0400
From:      Roy Smith <roy@panix.com>
To:        Khachaturov Vassilii <Vassilii.Khachaturov@comverse.com>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Displaying line numbers ($preformat_in_markup)

What is the purpose of the $preformat_in_markup variable?  Looking at
the source, I only see two places it's used.  One is in the big "use
vars" block near the top of the file, the other is inside
cvswebMarkup():

         } elsif ($preformat_in_markup) {
                print "<pre>";

                 # prefetch several lines
                 my @buf = head($filehandle);

                 my %d = scan_directives(@buf);

                 while (@buf || !eof($filehandle)) {
                         $_ = @buf ? shift @buf : <$filehandle>;

                         print spacedHtmlText($_, $d{'tabstop'});
                 }

If it's never mentioned anywhere else in the file, it seems to me that
it can never be set and this is dead code.  Am I missing something?