Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:09:51 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?5Zu+5r2Y?= <patula777@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new low level hardware support list

Hi everybody,

here are a couple of news for those who are interested in the project:

current features:
---------------------------------
+ pci support
+ usb support
+ printer support
+ computers have an apm/acpi section based on the data required by
http://wiki.freebsd.org/SuspendResume#Field_data so apm/acpi
developers could look up the data.

tools:
---------------------------------
We had 2 tools, one to query your machine for unknown devices and
getting driver info from the database (query_pci.sh) and another one
to automatically submit your computer component data (dump.sh)

Sourceforge repository is here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bsdware/files/dump-0.1.tgz/download

Unfortunately we had to disable the query_pci.sh just now due to too
high traffic on the freehoster.

dump.sh has been updated, so that the user can choose whether or not
he/she wants to submit dmesg and kernel data due to privacy reasons.

The best solutions for query_pci.sh is either to get a propper paid
hoster or to create an offline version, where you will have to update
the database file from time to time.

best wishes
pantu

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM, =E5=9B=BE=E6=BD=98 <patula777@gmail.com> wr=