Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:56:50 -0500
From:      Tony Wells <tony@camel.kdsi.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Neigaard <neigaard@e-box.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My first port install - need help already :(

Søren Neigaard wrote:

> It went:
>
> ===>  Cleaning for javavmwrapper-1.1
> ===>  Cleaning for jdk-1.1.8

It looks like you just did a 'make distclean', don't worry you didn't
hurt anything. :)

> What did I just do? Did it help me?
>
> --
> Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
>  Søren Neigaard mailto:neigaard@e-box.dk
>
> Tuesday, September 25, 2001, 10:05:45 PM, Sam wrote:
>
> SS> Søren Neigaard wrote:
> >>
> >> I tried to installe the jdk (1.1.6) package, but it gives me the
> >> following message: You will need to install the compat3x libraries to use this port.
> >>
> >> When I read the handbook, it says (or I reads) that the ports can
> >> handle dependencies, but why this message then?
> >>
> >> What to do next?

To install the compat3x libraries, you can use the sysinstall utility.
As root type:

/stand/sysinstall

Then the command path is:

Configure -> Distributions

Check the compat3x box, hit 'Enter', and you are there.

Lykke til!