Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:22:06 +1200
From:      rshea@opendoor.co.nz
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Are all Ports on the CD set ?

Hi - I'm using 3.4 and I've got the set of 4 CD-ROM's, I took the
'install all ports' option when installing the o/s. The mount point for
the CD-ROM is /cdrom.

For the first time I would like to make use of a a Port, specifically
Apache with compiled in PHP. I'm having troubles, I have read the
handbook + T_C_FBSD but this situation doesn't seem to be
covered.

To find a port I want I do

make search key=apache

and in the results set I can see apache+php-1.3.9+3.0.12 in
/usr/ports/www/apache13-php3 which looks like what I need.

My problem is that from looking through the CD's there doesn't
appear to be a tarball which matches this. In fact the only apache
related .tgz is on disk 2 and is apache1.3.9+SSL_1.3.7.tar.gz.

The result is that when I type make in /usr/ports/www/apache13-
php3 the process starts searching the ftp sites for apache+php-
1.3.9+3.0.12 and it never finds it and the make abends (I'm not
sure why it doesn't find it on the ftp sites - is it because the current
release version of Apache is more like 1.3.12 and these sites
would not have the old version ?).

Now I'm sure I've done something wrong but can someone explain
what ?

1. If installing Ports from CD is the only way to establish which CD
to just look or is there an index somewhere ?
2. Do all entries in the /usr/ports tree have a corresponding tarball
somewhere on the CD set ?

thanks

Richard Shea.

Open Door Ltd